Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

HOW TO TRANSFER ALL MY FILES ESPECIALLY MY CONTACTS FROM THE

Customer Question

HOW TO TRANSFER ALL MY FILES ESPECIALLY MY CONTACTS FROM THE SAMSUNG S4 TO THE S6
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You can do this via Kies which is a free program supplied by Samsung to be run on your computer.
To do this, download Kies from my link below please
www.samsung.com/us/kies/
Once installed, open it and connect the S4 and S6 to your computer
Click the Back up/Restore tab.
Click the device's name in the left panel you want to transfer content from.
Click Transfer between devices.
Click the drop-down box next to Transfer to another device, and select a target device.
Mark the content you want to transfer (eg: Contacts), and click the Send button.
Kies may display a notification when transferred information will result in duplicated content. Select the desired options and click OK.
Click Complete when the transfer is finished.
This will complete the process.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i cannot get kies to download hun

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
What is the issue or error you get trying to download it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it goes on my desktop and a message comes up that the file cannot be opened

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is it windows or a Mac computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

windows vista

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, should be ok, restart the computer and try to download and install it again please Mel
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am not very good with computors so think it would be much quicker if you did it if you let me know what you want me to do to access my laptop

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

at no extra cost i hope

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you accept the offer for remote services please Mel, and I can then do this.
It is an extra cost as its an extra service, else we continue here via the messages.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i accept

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the additional service offer that pops up, click on this please and click Accept.
Or you can see it on the right here.
Or rate me and you will then see it.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did you get the id and password

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, only this message, can you post it here to me again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-#### 5052
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks