Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have an samsung tablet (model SM-T210) but it doesn't seem

I have an samsung tablet (model SM-T210) but it doesn't seem to be charging. We got it at Christmas and it has been well looked after. the charger is working. anything I could do or any suggestions who could fix it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the tablet and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the tablet.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry that didn't work - I tried it twice and double checked the charger.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Can you hold the volume UP and Power button for 10 seconds and tell me if this starts it please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry that didn't work

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, we will try at least to get to download mode.
Hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.
Connect the charger and wait 5 minutes
Then hold volume DOWN and power for 6 seconds, release Volume Down, and then release power after a further 10 seconds.
Does it then come on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok charger is now connected - do I disconnect before holding volumn down button (ps - volumn down is the side closest to the power button?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No, leave the charger connected please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry it didn't work

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the mainboard that shorts out, and causes the device to fail.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem

Thanks for your help

Eliz

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome Eliz
If I can do anything else for you, please let me know
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.