Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a ue46f5000 which will not turn on the standby light

Hi I have a ue46f5000 which will not turn on the standby light is just flashing
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Does standby light start flashing when TV power cord plugs in or when push power button to turn On?
- Does screen glow/show any backlight or stays black?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

about 2-3 yrs old, when power plugs in screen stays black

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Edward for the info.
Do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit board in TV if wish to troubleshoot the problem by yourself OR want diagnosis info?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

diagnosis info please

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK Edward,
There are two suspected circuit boards in TV, power supply board or main board where all video input jacks are located. It needs to check output volts such as 5V, 12V etc of power supply board with multimeter, if such volts are available even for a second that means power board is OK and main board is defective that will be replaced in TV to resolve the problem. Mostly it is main board that found bad for this symptom in TV.
Please get the part number off of label pasted on main board in TV starts like BN94-xxxxx to search/google it for price info and it would be available under 100 Pounds and local TV tech may charge 50-60 Pounds as labor to get it replaced. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.