michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

The screen on my Garmin satellite navigation model nuvi 200w

The screen on my Garmin satellite navigation model nuvi 200w 15E027358 has gone blank.I have tried the reset to no avail, can i replace the screen? or do i need to buy a new one
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
how old is the NAV and is there a physical damage on the screen or the NAV dropped from a height.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

purchased 15/12/2007

there is no damage to any part of the unit including the screen

the sat nav has never been dropped and was kept in the glove compartment of the car.

This is almost 7 to 8 years old sat nav and before i ask you to replace the screen or opt for a new one i would like you to that the sat nav Garmin nuvi 200W is absolutely fine the problem is with the internal battery which needs to be replaced and you can do this your select after you get a new battery ordered online.
I will attach a video how to replace the battery and by the time let me look for a compatible battery for you sat nav.
Battery life of any electronic device is max up to 3 to 5 years and it has worked more than that once you replace it it will come alive.
Battery:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Replacement-battery-Garmin-205WT-255WT/dp/B003DMH938
Battery replacement kit:
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Nuvi-200W-Installation-Extended/dp/B003V3AID2
Instructions video included.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley or you might see Stars to click for rating above and hit submit.
Thank you for choosing our service.