michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

My Nexus 7 tablet has an unpleasant message from hardporncheck.com,

My Nexus 7 tablet has an unpleasant message from hardporncheck.com, blocking access to Google and demanding money. How can I remove this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle.

The tablet has been used by our son, but he is adamant that he hasn't downloaded anything that would give rise to such a message! Hope you can help.

Mick

Looks like a virus or a malware attack they enter your android browser when you visit those sites however to remove it you will have to downaload an app from the app store and run the scan after it cleans the infection you can remove the scan app if you want or keep it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antivirus.tablet
download install AVG Mobile from the app store.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle

Sorry for being thick: I've followed the link and "installed" the antivirus protection - but as I'm doing all this on a PC how will it remove the virus from my tablet?

I am sorry sir but you have to install the app on your tablet i clearly asked you to go to the app store and then your follow the search and then download and install it on your tablet and not on your pc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Michelle!

I feel like I'm being told off so I'll call it a day.

Please follow the steps on your tablet. 1. press the home screen button and search in the app section for "Play store". 2. open App store and press the search button and type in Tablet AntiVirus Security FREE you will see the AVG mobile icon press on the icon to install it. 3. once installed run the scan and it will remove the infection. your satisfaction is my priority, please ask as many times you want i will be happy to assist you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle

Not quite sure how I managed it, but the app is installed on the tablet and I've run the scan. Unfortunately, as soon as I click on Google Chrome the message from hardporncheck appears and blocks any attempt to use Google!

Any further thoughts?

Mick

In this case the tab has to be reset to factory defaults then only it will fixed.
Let me know when you are ready to do this i will give you a video link to reset the tab.
open the link given below and watch the video carefully and then follow the steps on you Nexus tab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV1ffMCXRg4
let me know if you have more question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michelle

That seems to have done the trick.Thanks for being so patient with me - I really appreciate your help!

Happy to send you a big smiley face!

Mick

Thank you Mike for being patient with me too. I appreciate you follow the steps correctly in one go and you are all good to go.
Please take few seconds more to click on the smiley face to rate my service and effort.
Thank you once again for using our service.