Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a smart TV model UE32D5520RK, and cannot connect it

Customer Question

I have a smart TV model UE32D5520RK, and cannot connect it as a devise on Amason Prime. The software I have is 001010 and is I'm told is the latest? Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!
Could you tell me what happens when trying to connect to Amazon Prime?
Do other streaming apps work? IE netflix or hulu?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't use either
Could you try to load one of them just to see if it will connect? Want to verify network connectivity to the TV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok will try
Great, please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have neither on my TV, but have tried Picture Box and Film Box and neither of these will load?
The router is only about 6 feet from the TV, the connection for smart is via a Dongel, the TV system is via Freesat. Just for info I can receive Amazon Prime on my Ipad and watch films.
I understand. So it seems that possibly your wireless connection to your TV is not functioning correctly. Could you try to run through the wireless setup procedure once more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK will give it a go, thanks. Will let you know how it works out.
OK, sounds good
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have run through wireless set up, and it says we have a good connection. Have tried to connect to Amazon Prime with no luck?
What error do you get when trying to connect to Amazon Prime?
Can you try to use the browser on the TV to navigate to a web page to see if the internet connection is good?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to clarify, the router is connected by cable to a TalkTalk you view box. The dongle is for wireless smart system connection? I am assuming Amazon Prime will come through the dongle? Have I assumed right? One other thing I have never used the TalkTAlk film service. The Internet connection is good.
I see...you would need to use the wireless connection from the dongle direct to the TV...internet connection on the TalkTalk youview box will not enable connectivity for amazon prime
Need to set up the wireless connection to the TV's smart hub using the Samsung remote