Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My s111 camera screen has changed after a year of having my

My s111 camera screen has changed after a year of having my phone and Idon't like it. It no longer has the full screen and has a settings bar across the top and bottom. How do Irestore the format my camera originally had.?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I believe you may be in the settings menu. If you hold the power button for 60 seconds, then power the camera back on. Is the screen then returned to how you had it?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried that and it still has the settings on the top and still displays the last photo taken on the bottom left corner.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried that and there is no change to the camera screen,

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
When you say settings on top, do you mean a picture of the gear wheel, and the camera with 2 arrows?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. Gear wheel on the leftt with settings and flash inbetween and camera with arrows on the right on a grey coloured band. Same grey bandat the bottom with shutter and camera/ video button to the right, Didn't have any of these things on the screen before and was much better.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, this has been the layout for quite some time now, so it appears you only recently performed the update to the later version of the phones firmware.
But this is the current layout you will have with the Samsung Galaxy range of phones since quite some time now.
To confirm, you had the layout like page 69 of the manual here correct?
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201302/20130228184012484/GT-I9300_UM_EU_Jellybean_Eng_Rev.1.1_130228_Screen.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes thats the one on the diagram I now have which is different to the original.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
Go to settings,
Edit Shortcuts and then you can move these to the locations you had them previously. It sounds like you customised this initially and have resetted the settings.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done that and it still leaves the grey bars top and bottom which I didnt have before at all. It was just the whole screen with the Just the shutter button bottom centre. Im not savy enough to have customised it and think it may have updated with out me realising maybe??

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I think you had a very old firmware installed, as the only real customization is the one I have indicated.
The problem is you will not want to undo the firmware update as it is very involved so you would need to be quite skilled, and it runs the risk of you bricking the phone (making it completely unusable).
But if you go to settings, resolution and change the resolutions, can you get the full screen to display?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope tried that today with the help of one of my colleagues who thought that was the solution. Looks like im stuck with the camera as it is :(

Thanks for your help anyhow.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It will have been an update you received, you just went a long time without one as you see from the manual it has been this way for some time now.
Removing the icons as we did is the only options we can do sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.