michelleclive
michelleclive, Customer Service
Experience:  Working as a manager in a tech support company and i have an experience of 8 years and more in electronics device.
26798893

I have a DCM TZ30 compact camera. When I switch it on to take

I have a DCM TZ30 compact camera. When I switch it on to take a picture the screen says "System fault(zoom)" and the lens does not extend. Is there something I can do to put it right? If it needs repair is there a minimum charge?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.
This is very common problem with camera zoom lenses when somthing gets stuck in the extraction or when the lens gets insert there could be sand or some particle which is blocing the lens to move.
Try to zoom out the lens as much as it comes out use a full powered battery while you do that, now sligtly tap at the sides of the camera and see if anything comes out, please make sure the lens is facing at the ground.
use an thick writing paper cut the paper is horizontal small size pieces and try to insert the paper in the sides of the lens and move it 360 degrees.
attached a generalized lens stuck video that might help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkEfnF6zVxc
you may check with the repair price however if its close to a new one then you may prefer a new camera.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face or you may get stars to click on and hit submit to rate my service.