Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 and have downloaded the Kindle

I have a Galaxy Tab 3 and have downloaded the Kindle for Galaxy app. I have downloaded a Kindle book which contains audio content. Upon opening the book there is a paragraph which says "there is audio content at this location that is not currently supported by your device"
Is there any way that I can hear the audio on the tablet?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Unfortunately right now this feature is only available on the US version of the Kindle app for android. Even on that version it does not always work, when it does Audio versions of your Kindle books can now be played through the Kindle app, so to listen to the audio you must own both the Kindle book and corresponding audio companion. This page goes into more detail about this:

http://audible.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4360/~/audible-audiobooks-in-the-amazon-kindle-app#numberfive

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle app.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Amazon should make it clearer on their Kindle web site. In one place it lists a lot of devices but in another place it refers only to i products. I will contact Amazon and complain as I particularly wanted the audio.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I agree they should but this is not something I have any control over what so ever. I only work on them fixing etc nothing more. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kindle app.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Freddy

I have resolved the problem.

I emailed the book publishers and was advised that by downloading the book from Google Play Store the audio will work and I am pleased to say that it does.

This may help you if you get other questions about books on android devices

Ken