Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My telephone model KX-TCD220E is not dialling out . I to spoke

Customer Question

My telephone model KX-TCD220E is not dialling out . I to spoke one of your technicians earlier who suggested I disconnect the phone for 1 hour. Having tried this the result is just the same.I dial a number and it appears to dial but when it has done this all that comes up is the time the call is running but it hasnt actually connected.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them? 2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?4) Do you have dsl service on the same line? 5) Are you able to receive calls?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1)Yes 1 additional phone
2)One fax machine.. was working this morning
3)Landline from local phone company
4)No
5)No I dont think so
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Can you have someone call you or call yourself from a cell phone to test if incoming calls work?Is the 1 additional phone working? Or are you sayign you have 2 handsets on your panasonic system?Can you please go try to send a test fax to someone as well to be sure that is still working currently?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
incoming call did not get through
neither phon is working
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
OKay thank you for confirming. What happens when someone calls you: busy signal, voice mail, error message, etc?What do you hear when picking up the line? Dial tone, silence, busy signal, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
incoming calls nothing recorded
no dial tone
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for confirming.In this case, all signs point to a line fault. Meaning this is not a problem with the panasonic unit, it is a service issue with your phone company.As a next step, you'll need to contact your provider, and have them send a tech out to check the equipment on their end, such as the junction box outside your home or at the curb/pole level.Once they have fixed the problem on their end, your devices (phone/fax) should resume normal functionality. Best regards,Nathan