Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a PS43F4500 on my bench. It does not power up and the

Customer Question

I have a PS43F4500 on my bench. It does not power up and the stby. light flashes in a group of 6 at (approx.) one second intervals followed by a (approx.) 5 second gap interval. I am guessing that this is a fault code of some sort that will lead me to the fault area. Can you help?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Just to clarify it flashes 6 times, then 5 times, and then repeats this correct?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it flashes 6 times then a (no light) gap of 5 seconds then repeats.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok thank you for clarifying that. 6 flashes normally means a power issue. Have you tested the power supply board yet? You can use a multimeter to test the voltage on it. It should have a sticker inside it that says what the normal voltage would be.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

All power supply voltages are present & correct.

Rds, Keith.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok next you would want to check the caps on each board. The correct readings will be written on the caps themselves. The Ysus, power board, and main board. One of these is most likely the issue and could be a blown cap. They can sometimes look fine even when they are blown.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Caps on Ysus and power supply boards are OK, there are none on the main board to check.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Do you know how to check the transistors and IC's? You can test both with a multimeter as well.
.