Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Have a panasonic tv. Model number txl42b6b. IT has no picture

have a panasonic tv. Model number txl42b6b. IT has no picture but still has sound. Any idea what the problem is?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Does screen glow/show backlight when turn On TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I bought the tv on the 14/09/13. Making it only 2 years old. When tv is on you can see a blue screen when you look closely at it.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.So screen shows backlight or becomes bluish then power up TV, correct?If so, does any graphic/ number etc appear on screen or volume bar/level when push volume button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The screen appears black from a distance. You can just see a blue tinge when you look closer.

Can not open menu, volume bar does not show or any other function on the tv.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.I'm afraid TV has got hardware failure and it seems either t-con board located on lower center at rear of TV under metal shield isn't working as it provides video data to screen or video processor chip on main board isn't sending out video data to t-con board due to internal failure. Swapping the t-con board will help to see if it fix the issue or main board of TV is defective. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions. A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.