Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a 42" Viera Plasma full HD 3D TV. I wanted to connect

Customer Question

I have a 42" Viera Plasma full HD 3D TV. I wanted to connect my PC to the TV and bought a Sandberg VGA+audio to Hdmi Converter cable for this purpose. When connected I have been unable to get a picture on the TV, just a black screen. I have tried a different hdmi cable and different hdmi input sockets but this made no difference. I have looked at the manual but can find no reference to connecting a PC. Is there something in the set up of the TV that I need to do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer? Is it a laptop or desktop?Does your TV remote control / menu have the input / source option?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not do remote as not at computer involved.

1. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer? Is it a laptop or desktop?2. Does your TV remote control / menu have the input / source option?3. If you have a laptop, does it work with the TV?We can continue when you are at that computer. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will come back when at that computer. Thanks

You're welcome. OK, thank you.