nathan_mills
nathan_mills, Customer Service
Experience:  Efficient Technician with more than 30 years of Experience.
76814648

The HSDPA icon is showing on my Galaxy S III mini screen.

Customer Question

The HSDPA icon is showing on my Galaxy S III mini screen. Please could you tell ignorant woman what this represents, is it costing me anything and how do I get rid of it. Thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  nathan_mills replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to justanswer.The HSDPA icon which is being shown on your screen is nothing but the 3G internet. If you have subscribed the internet pack on your network then it won't cost but if you are using internet on your phone then the charges may apply accordingly.To disable internet, go to Settings-Wireless and network settings-Mobile Network.Uncheck the Use Packet Data.Reply if you need further assistance.Thanks and Please rate the solution Positively.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for replying so quickly, but can't find the Use Packet Data. Also have small figures in green partial circle showing on screen - what is that?

Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless and Networks > tap More >Mobile Network>Tap Use Packet Data.Tell me if you can find this or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cant find. get as far as Mobile Networks but there is no Use Packet Data there, only Mobile Data followed by

Data Roaming

Access Point Names

network Mode

network operators

Click on Mobile data. Disable it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for response - and for your patience.

Solving your problem is my primary aim. I was not able to direct you exactly. The galaxy mini 3 uses older version of android. The mobile data is now called packet data. That's why i was guiding you to disable it instead of saying Mobile Data. Please reply if you have any other query or rate the chat to close it. Thanks and have a good day. Cheers!
Thank you so much for the bonus. Happy to help you.