Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I dropped my kindle and the screen is faulty with part of the

Customer Question

I dropped my kindle and the screen is faulty with part of the screen remaining on the original picture and a small corner of the screen opening up the next stage. Is it beyond repair ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. You did press and hold the power on/off button for about 30 seconds right?How old is the kindle?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i HAVE HELD DOWN THE ON/OFF BUTTON FOR OVER 30 SECONDS WITH NO EFFECT. tHE KINDLE IS 3 OR 4 YEARS OLD.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
a small portion of the next screen if flashing on an d off as i press he on/off switch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
some minutes have passed with no response from you. is my kindle beyond repair ??
I'm sorry, I was not available when you replied; it's been a day. Did you see my previous reply on the previous day? I will always reply back to you whenever I'm back at my computer. This is a hardware issue, so you need a new kindle. In the mean time, if you do not how, would you like me to show you how to read your kindle books on another device you have? Do you have a windows or mac computer or a tablet or smartphone, etc.? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.