Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

The display on our Samsung rfg23uers is not displaying cor

Customer Question

the display on our Samsung rfg23uers is not displaying correctly
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
I've seen where the Ice maker's door flap starts leaking and water gets in behind the display and damages the display...some of the lamps stop working, or some of the segments on the numbers quit. Can you look at the icemaker dispenser and see if it's dripping or if there's dried out water marks on the dispenser?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

we have not plumbed in the water and ice making

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the display show 86 on the left and 88 on the right.

The 86 digits keep flashing from 86 to 88 the right hand remains constant.

The fridge and freezer both seem to be working ok and not defrosting or warming up

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 2 years ago.
You've had this for some time now, you didn't just buy it, is it still under warranty or extended warranty? I'm having some problems trying to find a place you can buy that display and fix it yourself. I've done the USA versions with the displays, so it's easy to go to Sears or Encompass or even E-bay for best parts/spare prices...it's a little more difficult to find Samsung suppliers in the UK.