*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Garmin S1 watch wont switch off? Any suggestions of help

Customer Question

my Garmin S1 watch wont switch off? Any suggestions of help please. Annie Martin
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. .I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.Press and hold Light/Power for 30 secondsWait until screen goes blank Release Light/PowerPress and hold Light/PowerWhen the device powers on, release Light/Power
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If it is taking over 30 seconds to switch on and 30 secs to switch off does that mean battery is on way out? Mangaged to switch it off but took over 30 secs to switch it back on again? Is this normal?

That is possible, it could also be a glitch with the firmware. Try a master reset next>To perform a master reset on the Approach S1/S2:Power off (Press and hold LIGHT/POWER button until device powers off)Press and hold DOWNPress LIGHT/POWERRelease DOWN and LIGHT/POWER when screen displays Clear user data?Select YesThe S!h will now be reset to factory default settings.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

took 2 minutes to shut it off. then did master reset. Hopefully it will be ok when i use it in a competition tomorrow. Thanks for help.Laughing

sounds good!Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

unfortunately the advice you gave has not worked. Garmin wont switch off so have to keep it on charge at all times when not on golf course - not very satisfactory and not very good value for money.

Guess I'll have to buy a new one.

Annie

I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately if the device reset procedures do not correct the issue then it will be due to a hardware issue.