dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

Phone has frozen keeps trying to start will not switch off

Customer Question

phone has frozen keeps trying to start will not switch off just got Samsung on the screen
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! What model number is ***** Samsung phone? Might need to perform a soft reset of the phone, if that does not work then possibly we would need to perform a factory reset of the device
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

model gt s58301

Do you have your phone backed up at this time? The reset would erase all of the data on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Is it ok to erase the data on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will that mean all my numbers?

Yes, unless they are stored on your sim card
If you were syncing the phone with your google account you should be able to restore your numbers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok do it

You would actually need to perform the reset yourself, but I am sending you the steps now
FIRST TAKE OUT BATTERY AND PUT IT BACKTHEN PRESS AND HOLD VOLUME UP KEY AND SLIGHTLY PRESS THE POWER KEY THEN LEAVE THE POWER BUTTON BUT KEEP PRESSING THE VOLUME UP KEY THEN YOU ENTER THE RESET SCREENSELECT “wipe data/factory reset “AFTER THAT SELECT REBOOT DEVICE OR PHONE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thankyou

No problem, also here is a video with the process in case the steps are difficult to follow or it does not seem to be working: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVg3CMUrwU4
I hope I was able to help you today. If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the stars above would be greatly appreciated. If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here. Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!