Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just bought a TX-40CX400B. I have hearing problems and

I have just bought a TX-40CX400B. I have hearing problems and always use a headphone as I need the volume higher than anybody else watching.When I connect my headphone to this new television the headphone works but shuts off the sound from the television so nobody else can hear.
Can you please tell what I am doing wrong?
Can you also tell me the code number for connecting to a Sky remote control 9F.
Many thanks, R.Porter.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Are you connecting wired headphone pin in TV or is it wireless headphone audio cable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am connecting with a wired headphone with a pin.

The heradphone make is Thompson.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, I'm sorry I don't have info about this particular model so let me opt out which will open the question to all and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I cancel my payment?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I have checked on this model and it does not allow for simultaneous streaming of sound to both the headphone jack and the internal speakers.
A wide range of TV's do not, and will disable this sound to the speakers when they detect the headphone jack (the pin) is connected.
Some TV's allow you to disable this but I have checked yours (unfortunately yours is somewhat a basic model) and it does not have this function.
You need to always check this first before purchasing the TV as its not a common function.
I also checked but it does not have any wireless capability for sound (though it can connect via wifi for network) so a wireless headphone will not suffice.
As you just purchased it, most stores do have a return policy and I would contact them explaining you need a TV that allows for both headphone and speaker sound simultaneously and which models they have available there that you can swap. Most stores after only a short time would allow this.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer