Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have had to reset my HP Slate7, which locked up. I also

Hi,I have had to reset my HP Slate7, which locked up. I also had to reset my Google password. I understood that data in 'People' was uploaded to your server. If so how do I restore it ? My user name is***@******.***.
Regards,
Andrew Cassey
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you click on my link below please and tell me if you are able to sign in there
www.hotmail.com
As this is where the people data is uploaded to.
Let me know if you can gain access please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been into Hotmail link, successfully. May I confirm that the 'people' file is not my e-mail contacts list. Also I am using my lap-top to communicate with you, not the tablet in question, but I am happy for you to connect remotely, to the tablet.
If it is easier my phone No. is 01499 500251
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, when you signed into your hotmail account, click on People (the nine dots top left) and tell me if you see the contacts there.
You should be doing this on the Tablet...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have record of Hotmail or Gmail accounts. The tablet had Gmail access, but I was not aware of having a Hotmail account. Does this use Microsoft username and password ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, you signed into it just before, when I asked you to, you told me you were able to....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only got access to the site. I have tried my Microsoft identity, without success.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you told me...
"I have been into Hotmail link, successfully."
So then what did you mean with this?
Please, I am relying your your feedback to solve this. If you say you did my instructions successfully, then I will work on that basis.
If your giving me incorrect feedback, then we are not going to get this solved as I am working on incorrect information.
You need to be clear and correct in your responses to how you did my instructions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been into Hotmail account, with your link and it recognised my email address using the laptop. I have just re-entered the site and the people box shows no contacts, but an introduction note from Hotmail (the only thing there) offers to import such data from Google, Yahoo and others. The Slate tablet generally revolves around Google.
My apologies for any confusion.
I cannot get my Email address to open Hotmail with the Slate tablet.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats ok and thank you, ***** ***** need to be clear on results so I do not in turn give you incorrect information.
The problem though is the contacts were never put online, so when the computer was resetted as the contacts were stored locally and not online, they were deleted as part of the reset.
this means unfortunately, you lost the contacts.
you are best to always just work online via www.hotmail.com as this is independent of any computer, and you will then not lose this information.
Having it only stored on the computer itself brings this type of risk.
I advise to only put your contacts and email ect via www.hotmail.com and not via the computer locally to avoid this ever happening again in the future.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.