Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Having imported my outlook account from my desktop to my laptop,

Customer Question

having imported my outlook account from my desktop to my laptop, which was successful, I am not receiving emails can you help me
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Which which email service are you trying to connect outlook to?
And which settings did you use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

XXXXX

is this what you needed

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, but these settings are incorrect John, we need to get these and the ports entered correctly
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im under the impression that the £20 I have paid was for resolving my problem and being a pensioner money is tight so I will have to recline your help.

Also as I said I am not new to outlook have had it over 10 years. I imported it to my laptop from my desktop. The settings I sent you wereoff the desktop.

What happens now as I cannot afford anymore money.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its no problem John, as I explained its an optional service.
I just replied with this offer as the settings you provided do not make sense and could never be actually entered into Outlook, so your mis reading the settings from somewhere.
Its ok, we approach this another way.
Can you tell me please which version of outlook you are using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to me its Outlook Where will I find that information

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It will depend on the version but it should tell you when you open it
Its either 2007, 2010 or 2013
Or just under Help or the ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry still unsure as on opening it did not display a year

I have received 3 emails from outlook

Your import was completed

Your email is now outlook.com

Results 4073 messages imported

A welcome email

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its really messed up John as its now connecting to outlook.com
Ill just connect at no cost else this will never get solved if your unable to tell me the version you have.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect