dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

My Samsung smart 3D TV model UE40F6510 keeps switching itself

Customer Question

My Samsung smart 3D TV model UE40F6510 keeps switching itself off to standby then immediately back on, cycling through like this for some time, then suddenly all back to normal but problem re occurs after anything from few mins to few hours....help !
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! You might have some luck unplugging the TV completely from the power source for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in. I have seen this on several samsung TV's and it usually does lead to needing some repair though. How long have you owned the unit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
13 months
I would suggest at this time contacting Samsung Warranty support as soon as possible to see if they can still honor the 12 month warranty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think to be honest that's a very obvious answer. I was hoping for something more along the lines of what issues might be causing the problem ? I have an extended warranty cover and they are about to repeat a "dongle" and circuit board" repair but clearly they haven't accurately identified the issue.....so a senior engineer is on the way....but I honestly hoped for something insightful from an expert here that might help me in discussing other possible causes of this fault with the engineer rather than call Samsung ? Can you help in this way please.
I understand, so the power issue is most likely caused by the t-con board (timing controller) or the main board
T'CON FAILURES Failures in the timing control circuits of the T’Con can produce symptoms of absolutely no video or generate lines and patterns that usually cover all or a substantial part of the screen. Determining if the T’Con is the cause of a ‘No Video’ condition is a bit more difficult since there are no indications on the screen to analyze. Many of the Sony TV models ove the last few years will detect a T’Con that has completely failed. The communications data between the video process circuits and the T;Con will cease to communicate, iif the T’Con fails completely. This will cause the TV to shut down and display a diagnostic code, indicating a failure of the T’Con.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will discuss the T Con failure possibility with the senior repair engineer tho clearly the Samsung TV I have doesn't replicate the Sony on screen diagnostic. Thanks for the answer. Mark
Mark - no a problem. Have a great day.