Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just bought a Luminix DMC F5 from Amazon and I'm just

I have just bought a Luminix DMC F5 from Amazon and I'm just getting a 'built-in memory full' message. Also when I put the memory card in correctly it tells me to re-enter it. It doesn't seem to work! Should I return as not fit for use?
Katherine
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me which memory card you are using (type and amount of space)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

PNY MicroS. But the camera says the built-in memory is full without the card being in at all- and did from the start!

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Are you able to view any photos on it?
What happens when you do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. I haven't been able to take any.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I wanted to see if there were for some reason, photos already on it.
If it is saying the memory is full yet there are no photos at all, it means
It is the internal memory that has faulted. You got a faulty camera sorry.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. Its generally a good camera, you just had bad luck with this one.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.