Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

When someone calls my phone does not ring but the caller can

When someone calls my phone does not ring but the caller can leave message - what is the problem I have a phoneTGA250E
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you disconnect the phone and wait 10 minutes.
Connect the phone again and tell me if it now rings please.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

still not ringing when I phone the number

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what happens when you make a call from it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no problem, I can make calls

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, looks to be your line then or account.
Which provider are you using? eg: BT, talkTalk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

BT

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you will need to call in order to get a check done on your account in the event there are issues on the server.
Can you call 1793 596931
Have them perform a check and tell me if they can locate the fault and clear it so you can then receive calls again.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hopeless advice from bt My phone line is ok but they wanted me to crawl under my desk to take the socket out and carry out further checks which I cant do due to the location of the socket and my abilities. I shal have to get a telephone engineer in so no success at all at the moment.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I am sorry about that but this step is necessary to do...
It is possible a pin on the socket has been damaged for the receiving of the call and this is the only way to confirm this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this has only happened in the last few days and no damage could have been done to the socket due to its location. I believe the problem is a dead phone but but I willl have to get a engineer.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
normally when it is a dead phone, you would not be able to call, which is why I checked this.
Is there another phone there you can test with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have another handset as well as my mobile but the same problem

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, confirms its not a dead phone as if your trying it with two different phones and same problem then it will not be both phones that are faulty.
Richard, Engineer
Experience: Electronics Engineer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your help but I would have gone to BT direct if I could not receve a reply from you so regret that the service, not you, has not been successful

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, sorry but I can only do whats possible and guide you through all of this which is what we did. Ruling out causes for this. Normally we would proceed but as you said you cannot get down to the connection to continue.
I have marked the question to never close so any issues when someone is there to look at the connection, let me know
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.