Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I'm an 85 year old hard of hearing old man. I have a CLA7 loop

I'm an 85 year old hard of hearing old man. I have a CLA7 loop but have no instructions leaflet so I've no idea how to use it with my ampliPOWER40 phone. I wear bte hearing aids. Can you help me please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
I have the manual for you hear
https://www.sarabec.com/instructions/295-instructions.pdf
you will see in it at the top the microphone port so you can use this for connections
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm followed your instructions but am not getting results. When I plug the device into the phone socket the phone switches off and doesn't respond to my dialling. I keep getting a five or six beeps about every minute.
.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You plugged the cable from the loop into the phones headphone socket correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is only one way to do it and this I have done!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
just making sure.
But if I checked the phone I see no headphone socket on it
http://www.amazon.de/Geemarc-Amplipower-40-8010126/dp/B005AX6QM8
So where are you connecting to it on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There most certainly is a headphone socket at the back - it is on the extreme left and has the headphone symbol above it. I would also point out that the words AmpliPOWER40 are clearly shown on the front of the phone immediately above the flashing light.
I repeat, that when I put the lead of the CLA7 into the headphone socket, it seems to disable the phone and the action of dialling meets with no response
I have put new batteries in both the CLA7 and my hearing aids.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you put normal headphones into it, do you then hear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Although I have eight different headphones, all have plugs that are too large to fit into this socket. Of interest, they all fit the next socket?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then it is not a microphone port Peter, else they would fit as its only one size.
You were connecting it into the connection port before.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what is the next step?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
That with this phone its not possible, you need to get one that has a 35mmm Stereo Jack output port Peter.
you want me to recommend one?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This is what you want, has a headphone jack for your loop on the side of it Peter.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Diverse-7110-Single-Phone-Black/dp/B005B7ZSLI