*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Samsung LED HD TV no.UE46f5500 and a Samung HW-751Soundbar.

I have a Samsung LED HD TV no.UE46f5500 and a Samung HW-751Soundbar. They have been working together well for 18 months but now the Subwoofer has stoped working and the readout says "Check Subwoofer". can you help please?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 1 year ago.

The subwoofer should (connect wirelessly) automatically when the main unit is turned on. If the LINK indicator does not light when the main unit and subwoofer are turned on, please set the ID by following the procedure below.

If the main unit is powered off, the wireless subwoofer will be in the standby mode and the STANDBY LED on the upper side will come on after the LINK indicator (Blue LED) blinks for 30 seconds.

1. Plug the power cords of the main unit and subwoofer into an AC wall outlet. 2. Press the ID SET button on the back of the subwoofer with a small, pointed object for 5 seconds. • The STANDBY indicator is turned off and the LINK indicator (Blue LED) blinks quickly. mote control for 5 seconds. 4. The ID SET message appears on the main unit’s OLED display. 5. To finalise the link, turn the main unit’s power on while the subwoofer’s LINK LED blinks.

• The main unit and the subwoofer are now linked (connected).

• The LINK indicator (blue LED) on the subwoofer is turned on.

.

The transmission distance of the wireless signal between the main unit and subwoofer is about 33 ft., but may vary depending on your operating environment. If a steel-concrete or metallic wall is between the main unit and the wireless subwoofer, the system may not operate at all, because the wireless signal cannot penetrate metal. If the main unit doesn't make a wireless connection, follow steps 1-5 above to retry the connection between the main unit and wireless subwoofer. The wireless receiving antenna is built into the wireless subwoofer.