Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Got new Hitachi 32" LCD TV. Out of box connected up tried to

Got new Hitachi 32" LCD TV. Out of box connected up tried to switch on the stand by light flashes blue and the screen goes lighter for a few seconds then it switches off HELP?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hitachi 32hyt46u

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for TV model number info.
Does Hitachi logo screen appear when power up the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No. The screen just lightens up and then goes black again

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, I'm afraid it is sign of corrupted TV firmware that occurs due to bad EEPROM (memory) chip on main board of TV and entire main board of TV will need to swap to resolve the issue, a normal TV would show brand logo/ welcome screen then stay On and first time setup screen appear to got through first time setup.Since TV is brand new so I would recommend to return it to store and ask for replacement TV as any other attempt will void TV warranty. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.