Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Asus Nexus 7 tablet that will not charge?. I took

I have a Asus Nexus 7 tablet that will not charge?. I took it to carphone wherehouse for advice and they said it was the charger so I brought a new one , it still does not charge what could it be.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is the Tablet still turning on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no the tablet is not turning on

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Carol
Can you remove the charger then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.
Once done, connect the charger and then hold the Volume UP and Power button for 10 seconds then release.
Then tell me if it now starts and chargers please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done what you suggested and the screen is still showing no sign of charging.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, leave it connected to the charger for 10 minutes and then repeat the procedure as we have just cleared residue power so this can get it working now.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried previous advice still nothing showing

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Carol
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the tablet to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.