Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My computer is not compatible with Windows 10 - how can I make

My computer is not compatible with Windows 10 - how can I make it compatible?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.

Hello John! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your computer? Is it a laptop or desktop?

Does it have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Does it say what is not compatible?

What do you need windows 10 for?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is a desk top - Hanns-G - it has windows 7 - yes - to keep up with the latest technology

Thank you. I believe Hanns-G is the monitor, not the desktop. Can you please check the label(s) on the desktop for any model?

When you try to get windows 10, what exactly does it show? Please tell me the full error message.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am sure you are right - I am looking at the base part and it says LG SUPER MULTI Is this enough - if not where do I look for more information?

LG SUPER MULTI is the model of the cd/dvd drive. Please check at the back or at the sides, etc. of the desktop for any label. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

at the back of the monitor it says

HH181APB

HH181APBEEL21

OCT 2009

941BF3XY10120

Sorry, no, please do not look at the back of the monitor, but look at the back (and sides) of the desktop (the device that is connected to the monitor.) Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry - the only information is 88194333700028 on the back

there is a label stuck to the top

windows 7 home prem.

product key PW78T - KR87K - BTV2T - MC6QX - R2VTK

CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY - X15 - 53769

DOWN EACH SIDE

GFC - 00599

00174- 029 - 659 - 873

I TRUST THIS IS OF HELP!

It looks like this computer does not have a model; it could be built previously.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I 'M AFRAID I HAVE HAD PARKINSONS FO 8 YEARS AND FIND I DIFICULT TO WRITE

BUT THE GIST OF WHAT IS SAID IS

THAT THE PC IS NOT COMPATABLE FOR ONE OR TWO REASONS AND THAT THE MANUFACTURER HAS NOT ALLOWED FOR CHANGE - IT SUGGESTS GETTING A NEW PC!

That's okay. How old is the computer? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

6 YEARS OLD - ITHINK!

I'm sorry. Many old computers are not compatible with Windows 10, so you would have to upgrade some hardware parts, such as graphics card. But it's not worth it. And Microsoft will still provides windows updates support for Windows 7 until year 2020, so you can still use your Windows 7 fine; you do not need to buy a new computer. Is there any issue with your Windows 7? Thank you.
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.