Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I have an Epson XP-412 printer. I have just downloaded Windows

I have an Epson XP-412 printer. I have just downloaded Windows 10 and find that even though the printer will still print I cannot scan with it.
I have tried to use the disc that came with the printer but it seems to take a very long time to download and the name of my printer does not appear in the box. I have ticked the section where the printer is already installed. How long should it take? The arrows have already been going around for about quarter of an hour without any advance in the blue line.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix: If you have a printer's USB cable connected from the printer to the computer, then please disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer for now. Also, remove the printer's CD disk from the computer.Click on the Start icon (which is the windows logo button located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings. Then click on System, then click on Apps & features, then uninstall the Epson program(s) there.Click on the Start icon (which is the windows logo button located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Settings. Then click on Devices, then scroll down on the right, then click on Devices and Printers, then if you see any Epson printer there, then right-click on it and remove it for now.Restart the computer.Click on the Epson website below:https://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/12303, then there, scroll down to the section DRIVERS & SOFTWARE, and click on the item "Epson Software updater (v4.37) 31-Jul-2015 5.86 MBs", then click on DOWNLOAD below it in order to download / install the epson.. file, then check scanning, (If needed, at the above website, under the section SUPPORT & DOWNLOADS near the top, select the option Windows 8.x 64-bit (and/or 32-bit) in the operating system drop-down list, then scroll down to the section DRIVERS, then click on the item "EPSON Scan (v3.790) 02-Jul-2013 22.25 MBs" in order to download / install the EPSON Scan program, then use it to scan.) Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am unable to find DRIVERS & SOFTWARE on this web page or the Epson Software updater. Is it possible for you to phone me on 01437 731724. ~thank you. Florence Hughes

I'm sorry. Did you click on the Epson website I've provided previously?

I do live online support. Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Pleas reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've just received your last email but when I click on VIEW MY ANSWER it comes up that the website is not available, the same happens when I click on the questions.

I did click on the website address that was on your email.

I would be happy to have a live chat if I could.

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3ea58465-77ba-4896-9d4a-d9e2db7e2a0a

, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you
Thank you. Please click on the website below:

http://tinyurl.com/pbgcs6f

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.