Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

Trying to set up Epson Photo PX730WD and an iMac via wifi.

Trying to set up Epson Photo PX730WD and an iMac via wifi. I can print from the Imac but cannot scan to PC, message reading "connection failure". Hence trying set up but after most of the process get message"Cannot find necessary files, re-install software" Start again and same message, many times. Any ideas? Jack
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? Or is this a new printer / scanner?

Did you use the printer's CD disk to set up the printer on the computer? Or did you use the download?

Are you able to scan with the application called Image Capture?

What's your Mac OS X version, such as 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, etc.?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the printer was connected successfully to a windows laptop. The IMac is the replacement computer. Tha CD was used for setup. Scanning to any device used to work on the laptop but will not on the iMac and in Image Capture it says No Camera or Scanner selected. OS X details not sure, how do I find out? Jack
Thank you. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK
Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please do the following in order to connect remotely with me:

1. Please click on the website below:
    http://connect.teamviewer.com
  2. Then download / run the file called TeamViewerQS...
  3. Then tell me the ID and password ***** will provide in the TeamViewer program.
  4. Do not close the TeamViewer program.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not keen on giving total access to computer.

I'm sorry, with remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen. It would be a lot easier and quicker for you as this issue can be complicated. And we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Please let me know. Thank you.
Thank you. Please do the following in order to connect remotely with me:

1. Please click on the website below:
    http://connect.teamviewer.com
  4. Do not close the TeamViewer program.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have sent through the ID and PW but all seems to have gone quiet?

Sorry, I don't see it, can you please type the ID and password ***** then reply/send to me. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have written it in the Private contact info box and clicked reply. but the message about further info comes up.

Sorry, that's strange. Can you write in the normal box to see if it works? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

388 131 201, PW 2075

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.