dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

I have got a SAMSUNG GT-E1170 and suddenly it isn't active

I have got a SAMSUNG GT-E1170 and suddenly it isn`t active any more, I got a new battery thinking that was the problem but still doesn`t work do you think it has anything to do with my sim card?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!
When you say active, do yo mean that the cellular reception is not working on the phone is not on at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing is working completely gone- lights out, do you think it has anything to do with my sim card? this has never happened before, was working before I went into hospital last wk- and when I called a friend straight afterwards everything just stopped working
Unlikely to be the sim card if the phone does not power on. You said when you try to charge it shows for a bit but never powers on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shows charging and says completely charged when finished but phone will just not operate, no data - no nothing -lights out, do you think battery is wrong size? it was a bit more difficult than usual to put in???
It might be...but we might try a factory reset of the phone first to see if that will allow it to power on. This would erase all of the data on the device though so is that ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes that is fine I am so lost without it, just to have it up and working would be just great not that much important data on it anyway - use it for calling taxi`s, and friends would be grateful whatever you can do! - got a more sophisticated phone there - that I purchased recently, but can`t get it started because it requires me to go on line and I have only got a dongle at the moment, nothing like broadband etc- so although this is a very old model it is my only means of communication at this moment in time..
I understand, so you can perform a factory reset with this method
Turn off The Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160Make sure you already backup all important data at Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830Make sure the Battery of Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 is not emptyPress together Volume Up Button + Home Button + Power ButtonAfter menu appear, choose: Wipe Data / Factory Reset with Volume Up/Down button for navigationThe Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 will do the factory default.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havn`t got the kind of phone you are talking about?? it is just a little pay as you go, not sophisticated like Samson Galaxy Ace!!! where did you get that make from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
lit up and says - phone lock and now - Emergency Calls Only!!! actually that was what was happening before it went off in the first place - kept saying Emergency Calls Only??, just remembered that, wouldn`t let me do anything because of that comment!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pain because I hear the emergency people keep asking me which service I need at the other end, they will think they are getting coax calls, that is the only service available on the mobile phone how do I get out of that?? EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY??
Sorry I am not sure how I got the models confused. So it seems that the phone might be locked and only allowing emergency calls. You can reset the phone using this method on the keypad*2767*3855#
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry steve that didn`t work!!
Very odd, that should have reset the phone, let me see if I can locate another method. You are able to enter that sequence in the keypad though?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not all of it - would only take the actual numbers - not asterick and #
Strange...would need to be able to enter the asterick...let me see if there is any other way to reset it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
right at the very bottom of the screen and quite narrow it says phone lock - with ok on the left and sos on the right that is the only layout I can get, absolutely nothing else lights up ( pain isn`t it?)
It sure is, sorry about your frustrations.
When you are entering that sequence can you try to hold down the * and # ***** see if they appear
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well two little astericks appear but don`t know if that is what there showing???? think it has had it`s day do you? got a brand new mobile there SAMSUNG GALAXY YOUNG, had it a month and can`t get on line with it! I am shocking with technology so I just thought I would stick with the devil I know for now!!! and that dam thing goes and does this to me, it was ok before I went into hospital last wk and suddenly on the first day all this happened, weird! But if it is impossible to get it up and running steve I will just have to accept it, and know you can`t do any more!!
I am sorry I couldn't help any further..if you don't mind please do rate my service with the stars I would surely appreciate it. Best of luck moving forward
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience: Electronics expert.