dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Customer Service
Experience:  Electronics expert.
71208907

I have an Epson WP 4535 multifunctional printer/scanner/fax.

Customer Question

I have an Epson WP 4535 multifunctional printer/scanner/fax. I have given up trying to scan on the the PC so am now trying ot do it to a USB. Have attached the OSB to the printer....all going well...however, the printer is wanting to scan a document from the top paper feeder and I wiant to scne from the glass plate.....it wonr do it.....have had this problem with the copying documents.....it will only wants to take paper from the paper feeder on the top of the machine.....I have tried changing it but it wont let me. Please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  dresteve2000 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!
Are you initiating the scan to PC from the printer control panel or from the Epson Scan software?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried that and it doesnt work. Hence I changed to scanning to a USB which I plugged in to the printer. The problem is, that it is not recognising anything to copy or scan that I put on the glass plate. It will only copy/scan paper form the ADF and I cant seem to be able to change that

As far as I am aware there is not actually a setting for this, the printer should actually normally scan from the glass by default if there is no document loaded/detected in the ADF, but for some reason it seems your printer thinks there is something loaded in there. Could you try unplugging the printer from power for a few minutes to allow it to reset itself and then trying to scan again to see what happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok....have tried this before but will give it a go again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Nope....it keeps saying there is apaper jam in the ADF feeder and is not recognising whats on the glass plate

There might be a hardware fault in the ADF in this case..how long have you owned the printer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 years

Unfortunately your units warranty period would have expired then....honestly wouldn't be worth trying to repair it unless you want to attempt it your self. You could try to disassemble the ADF to see if possibly there is something jammed in there that you cannot see...therefore also causing the unit to want to scan/copy from the ADF since it believes there is something there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok....will give that a go....now i have another problem.....all the mucking around that I have done, my printer is now offline and wont print anything from the laptop....any suggestions

Might try disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable to see if it resumes the connection
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok.....have got it working.....had to reset the printer manually for WI FI

Got it...well great at least its working. But yes as I mentioned just give that a go for the repair of the ADF
I hope I was able to help you today. If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback with the stars above would be greatly appreciated. If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here. Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!