p0llinate
p0llinate, Custom Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a NAD C352 Stereo Amplifier which is stuck in standby

Customer Question

I have a NAD C352 Stereo Amplifier which is stuck in standby mode , what can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Will it not power on at all? Or does it start to turn on then quickly shut back down?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nathan ,

As I said , I switch it on and it is in standby mode, i push the relevant button i.e Cd or Phono and it just stays in standby.

Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
This indicates that the receiver has detected a fault, either internal or external,and gone into protection mode to protect the receiver from damage. This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally. If no change, let me know.Nathan