*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a late 1980s Panasonic prism w1 TV.its been working

I have a late 1980s Panasonic prism w1 TV.its been working fine all these years but suddenly the screen went orange you an still see the picture in the background sound still fine.Is there a colour valve gone or something similar that can be replaced ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 2 years ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Unfortunately, this sounds like the picture tube is going bad.) The picture tube or CRT (Cathode Ray Tube is the device that produces the colors for a TV using a vacuum tube and an electron gun, connected to a fluorescent screen. Over time these tubes can decay through heat, magnetism, and other factors.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you sure I can't just replace a color valve or is if just the CRT. If so that's the end of the TV am right or can it be fixed or replaced.Are they standard Panasonic old stock ?

No, unfortunately it sounds like the CRT is going bad. If that is the case then it will not be able to be repaired because there are no more of the CRTs available.