Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have acquired a Samsung BN68-05821A-00. My wife needs to

Customer Question

I have acquired a Samsung BN68-05821A-00. My wife needs to use earphones to listen to TV, when the earphones are plugged into set the normal speaker output is turned off. How to we overcome this problem so as to allow her and myself together?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?BN68-05821A-00 shows nothing about TV model number. It seems you need wireless headphone that will connect to Audio Out (analog) jacks at rear of TV (if TV has such jacks as I don't have your TV model number) to get sound in headphone as well as built in speakers.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Mike, please reply here to assist you further and do not post duplicate/ fresh question for the same issue.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm using Adobe Send & Track. You can view my file in Adobe Document Cloud by clicking on the link below:

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/9304c773-1a67-49c7-9782-50880ec77b8e
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shahid, Forgive me for all the confusion I can only say I am not young and I am sick, forgive me and please accept my apologies.

I have scanned a print out of all connections on rear of TV. I have worked out how to send it to you,I hope it works.

Regards,Mike

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike,Its OK and sorry about the trouble you're having for headphone connection.The headphone jack where you put headphone pin will mute to TV speakers as its made in that way, there is an alternate option to connect wireless headphone to TV to get sound in headphone as well as in TV speakers at the same time. There is Sony or other brand wireless headphone available calls 'wireless RF headphone'.Please tell me is the TV connected to any satellite box such as Sky or air antenna/ aerial for local TV channels?This info will help me to assist you further.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shahid, thanks for that. Yes I do have a Sky HD box connected to a satellite dish. I assume you received the diagram I scanned and emailed to you.

Mike.......

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I received the scanned diagram, thanks.Please check rear of Sky box for analog audio out jacks, does it have any?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

G'Day Shahid, I have checked all available sockets on back of Sky box.. There is 1 usable connection, I connected up to it and I COULD hear the audio but very faintly, in addition it was over powered by a loud HUM which crackled. Not I am afraid any success.

Regards,Mike

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike,Please check following link to view Sony wireless RF headphone unit info that you can connect to Audio Out (RCA) sockets at back of Sky box to get proper sound in this headphone while same sound come through TV speakers as well.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-35040940-MDR-RF855RK-Headphone/dp/B00AKUHC6A/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440576297&sr=8-6&keywords=sony+rf+wireless+headphoneI'm afraid you can't use wired headphone in this setup as headphone jack will mute TV speakers when a pin inserted.Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

New Samsung TV.When earphones plugged into jack TV speakers are turned off. The previous set, a Sony Trinitron this didn't occur. Essential we have this option my wife is very deaf.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike,Earphone jack on TV is working as it suppose to do, it will mute TV internal speakers when earphone pin inserts, that is why I suggest to get 'wireless headphone' to get TV program sound in TV speakers as well as in headphone.Thanks.