Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

I put code to locks screen last nite drunk cant open it now

Customer Question

i put code to locks screen last nite drunk cant open it now samsang A3
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Since the lock code is forgotten, is it okay to reset the phone fresh, so you can re-set it up, like brand-new with a new password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes thats ok by any chance will that unlock the phone so any sim fit in it

Thank you. No, it will not unlock for other sims/carriers, but you can check with your carrier and request them to unlock for you.Please try the following fix: Press and hold the Power button, then select the Power Off option, then wait about a minute.Then press at the same time the 3 buttons: Volume Up + Home + Power, until you see the Samsung logo appears.Release the buttons when Recovery Mode appears on the screen.Then select the option "wipe data / factory reset" by using the Volume Up / Down buttons to navigate and Power button to confirm.Use Volume Up / Down buttons again to select the option "Yes -- delete all user data" to confirm whole operation.Wait a bit, then press Power button to "reboot system now".Then check. Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.