Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with

Hi i was wondering if anyone might be able to help me with a question I have got a ZANUSSI under counter fridge cant find a model number for fridge and wanted to convert it to using a digital thermostat I have seen this stat on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Temperature-Controller-Sensor-Thermostat-Control-90-250V-110-220-240V-UK-/291089378764?hash=item43c6476dcc can you advice me on how i go about doing it Thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This would be quite a difficult modification.An easier way to get a digital temperature readout would be to use the following:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TM803-Fridge-Refrigerator-Freezer-Digital-Alarm-Thermometer-Temperature-Meter-/191238906805
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thank you for replying i was wanting to control the fridge temp with that thermostat I found on ebay. instead if using the inbuilt stat that comb with the fridge

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi thank you for replying i was wanting to control the fridge temp with that thermostat I found on ebay. instead if using the inbuilt stat that comb with the fridge do you know of any English instruction that might help me Thank you

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
The following video should give you useful guidance to setting up the circuitry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DFx4Q9ZkPA
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you sorry if i sounded rude but i was not meaning to but thank you for your help do you think its an easy job to convert the fridge in the way i am hoping to

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Not at all, you are quite alright! :)
Yes, it should be straightfoward to use the digital thermostat to control the internal temperature of the fridge, however it will need to be located inside the fridge to detect its temperature.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do you mean the probe located inside the fridge

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you could just put the wires in through the sealed door area, or you may want to drill a small hole in and seal it up.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the stat in the video will it work from 240v uk power

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the stat will work on UK 240V mains power.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am now having problems finding one of those stats on ebay that are cheapish and say they are ok with 240v uk power

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
The stat you originally posted works on the UK - the video is for the same stat.
They work on a range of voltages - 90-250V 110/220/240V.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again thank you ever so much for your help so you are 100 sure it will work on my fridge instead if the inbuilt one

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will work on any device at all - fridges, heaters, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ook thank you so much

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again hope you don't mind me asking this but here is a photo of my thermostat control already on my fridge but i was wondering if you had any ideas how i might go about attaching the digital stats like i found on ebay or do i fit it to something on the back of my fridge were the black condenser is .

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi David,
Did you get the circuit resolved, or do you need any further assistance?