Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Remote volume control won't turn down. Can't do it directly

Remote volume control won't turn down. Can't do it directly on the tv either . Other functions working. Plus Sometimes TV needs several attempts to switch on
Keith
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello Keith, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks shahid
TV is model TX -32LMD70
Connected to a Samsung DVD player P355B only
Problem also on this source.
Keith
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Keith for the info.This kind of problem can occur due to worn out volume buttons on remote and mostly tactical switches on control button board on TV also go bad after long time, since this TV is year 2007 model so delayed power up issue could be because of bad/ failing capacitors on power supply board in TV.Since other function work on TV (when it is On) through remote then I would suggest to try another Panasonic TV remote to see if volume also works OR try this TV remote to another Panasonic TV for volume button test to sort out if remote is bad then get similar remote that would be available with suppliers over internet.It also need to check capacitors on power supply board and replace bad capacitors to resolve the delayed power On problem, this kind of work needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise but it would cost you good labor of TV tech so ask repair estimate before handing over the TV as it will help you to make decision about this TV repair or invest that amount on new replacement TV. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.