Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Lumix TZ70 - After a display which says " Turn the camera off

Lumix TZ70 - After a display which says " Turn the camera off and on again ", the screen display says " System Error ( Focus ) ". What can I do?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you remove the battery then hold the shutter button down for 60 seconds, then release.
Once done, put the battery back in, turn on the Lumix and tell me please if it now functions.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

System Error ( Focus ) is still coming up, but there is another very quick display which says " Please set the home area ".

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Graham,
The issue is within the Lens gearing so we need to focus on this area.
Turn off the camera. Place it on the back with the lens facing up and take a look at the spacing between the lens and the lens housing. If you notice that the gap is not even all the way around the lens, very gently press down the lens on the side where the gap is the biggest. You should hear a "click" as it pops back into place. Try powering the camera back on.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can`t see any difference in the gap between lens and lens housing.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then we need to try to dislodge any dirt that can be stuck in the gearing which can cause this.
Try turning the camera on & off while holding the lens in contact with something that vibrates fairly hard, such as an electric razor. Keep the lens pointing generally down, but move it around and see if this gets it functioning.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Seems to be working again! Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Graham
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.