Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

On my Sony HARD DISC RECORDER 500-GB the power indicator light

On my Sony HARD DISC RECORDER 500-GB the power indicator light is constantly flashing(pulsing) and unable to get into the system to record or watch previous recorded material .Have tried pressing the reset button ,without success .Any ideas please ?? .
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Are you able to access the menu on the Sony at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO-UNABLE TO GET INTO MENU

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Martin.
Can you remove the power to the power socket and then wait 10 minutes.
Then connect the power to the power socket, turn on the recorder and tell me please if you can now access the menu.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

STILL UNABLE TO GET INTO SYSTEMS MENU ,AFTER HAVING POWER OFF FOR THE TEN MINUTES.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the player to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

RICHIE --THANKS FOR TRYING AND CAN YOU TELL ME IF WE WOULD HAVE LOST ANY RECORDED ITEMS ?

mARTIN

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes you will have sorry Martin as this was on the hard drive which is part of the unit.
I am sorry about this.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

RICHIE --ONE MORE QUESTION PLEASE

CAN THIS HARD DRIVE BE REPAIRED OR IS IT EASIER ,AND CHEAPER,TO GET A NEW ONE .

COULD YOU SUGGEST A REPALCEMENT SONY MODEL COMPATIBLE WITH Sony Bravia model KDL 22CX32D.TV

tHANKS

mARTIN

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Much easier to replace Martin, they cannot really repair this and the costs are more then purchasing a new one.
I have a good one here for you
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-SVRHDT500B-Freeview-Personal-Recorder/dp/B004MPR0V6
Works no problem with your TV.