Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a DEH-1500UBG unit . Please advise how to mute and unmute

Customer Question

I have a DEH-1500UBG unit . Please advise how to mute and unmute this unit Thanks!
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Turn the MC and go to the system menu, in the system menu will be the mute option.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

comes up " mute mode" This is where I am lost as I don't know where to go from here

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
That is it, all you should need to do is enable it.
It should have 3 options Mute, 20dB and 10dB to fully mute choose the first Mute option.
The other 2 are for attenuation. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am desperately trying to unmute the Unit!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
You would do the same thing there, choose mute to unmute changing to either of the other 2 options should unmute as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Get to mute mode

press MC

goes to 20 or 10db

still nothing happens!!

Is there any other function that could kill or unkill MUTE

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately no that is the only mute function it has. Are you sure it is on mute and there is not a problem with the wiring or the speakers?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We are not winning here!

I have no reason to believe that either the speakers or cabling are suspect so lets go back to basics!

press the mc

menu

goes to system

Press MC

Goes to mute mode

Press MC

Goes to 20dB att

Turn MC

Goes to 10dB att

Turn MC

Goes to MUTE (flashing)

I suspect that at the Mute mode stage the unit needs a command to unmute

Am I correct? Otherwise we are going around in circles!!!!!!!!!!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
As I mentioned you mute and unmute it in the same place. I am going to need to opt out and open this to all experts.