Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a GP-10 and would like to download patches . I

I have a GP-10 and would like to download patches for it. I have been sent files which say they are compatible for windows 8. I am running windows 10. is it safe to proceed?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes it is ok, windows 10 works off virtually the same libraries as windows 8 and there are virtually no compatibility issues found.
If it does encounter an issue it will roll back and stop so there is a fail safe invoked.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try and download now. does the device need to be connected?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, make sure it is during the entire operating unless it specifically tells you to disconnect it on the screen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Should there have been a usb cable provided? if not what is the name of the type of socket in the unit itself?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes its via USB and normally the cable is provided.