Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have purchased a Panasonic SC-HTB8soundbar. I am having difficulty

I have purchased a Panasonic SC-HTB8soundbar. I am having difficulty connecting an Audio Cable. Is it compatible with Bush 2m cable 26463PR? How hard should you push it in?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. Optical cable should be align to optical port to get lock, Bush 2m cable 26463PR is standard and SC-HTB8 soundbar also has standard optical port, please check visually the optical cable plug to make sure it is aligned with the port then push it gently and it should get lock with click sound, if it doesn't happen then optical port on TV could be broken.Please check attached image of optical port to see its shape which will help to align the cable plug properly.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try your advice. before rating. The cable does show a light when plugged into tv. Does that mean tv connection OK?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
If cable plugged securely with faint click sound in TV and shows light on other end then all is set at TV end and need to check if optical cable also plugged in sound bar as well?If so then select correct input source in sound bar and if still no sound then I would suggest to try another optical cable as it get damage easily and a broken optical cable will not work though you see the light on other end.Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is working. Only just realised that plastic caps on each end! Nobody mentioned that.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Glad to know that it is working now, when you mentioned in initial question - "Tried cable and did get sound but would not stay in input" - I thought caps would be off on cable or optical ports to plug the cable.Have nice time!