Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Good Morning, My Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 will currently not

Good Morning,
My Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30 will currently not work and is showing 'system error(zoom)' . Would I be able to fix this or do I need to take it for repair?
Many thanks,
Marilyn
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
We can see if we can fix it here. Usually this is some dirt or sand that got caught in the lens gearing and a trick I have to fix this is to try turning the camera on & off while holding the lens in contact with something that vibrates fairly hard, such as an electric razor. Keep the lens pointing generally down, but move it around and see if this gets it functioning.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Magic! That eventually worked and all looks OK now. Thanks.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Perfect Marilyn
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.