Viet - Technician
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience:  Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My email address is XXXXWindows 10

my email address is XXXX. Windows 10 is sending my registration/account/verification etc to***@******.***. As a result I am not receiving access codes or anything so I cannot use Windows 10 at all. How do I change this error with Microsoft. Can you change this for me please. Nick XXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Technician replied 1 year ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Were you able to use this computer previously?

Do you see the Power icon at the password/login screen? If yes, when you click on it, what are the options it shows?

Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh with the correct email address and password ***** want?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Previously had Windows 7 accepted free upgrade and downloaded to 10

all worked well until then. Now I cannot access anything on windows 10 apart from basic sign in as all access codes are not coming to my computer but to another address which I have already mentioned. It will not allow me to change to my correct address as it states it is already in use (not available) Of course it is in use, because it is my email address.

Sorry to be so long I have tried to access power icon but am afraid we will lose contact.

Please tell me how to re set with correct address and password.

Thank you. Are you currently using the problematic computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I am using the computer but would prefer if you could give me details as to how to change my account details so that I can do it myself.

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together while you are watching.

Otherwise, I can provide written instructions, thought it takes longer as I need more details about the issue.

When does it shows this wrong email address? What are you trying to do that needs to be logged in?

Is it possible for you to take a screenshot of the issue, then send it here?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I sign in it is***@******.*** I immediately have to do this otherwise I cannot access my computer at all It is the initial sign in stage that needs altering without the 'g'

Sorry I would not know how to send a screen shot.

Thank you. So you are able to sign in and use the computer with the wrong email address.

Do you mean when you tried to change to your correct email address at the website https://account.live.com/ , it did not let you?

Please let me know. Than kyou.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do I access Microsoft direct to alter my account to the correct address. I have tried to do this several times but it refuses to allow me to use my own bt address, so I can't progress. Thanks

When you go to the website below:

https://account.live.com/

, sign in with that wrong email address
, then does it log in?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I cant sign in with wrong email address because I have to give verification code. This is being sent to nick g hill not nickhill so I am not receiving the code to access anything.

I need to alter email address to my own correct one otherwise my computer access to windows 10 is totally useless. Hope this makes sense.

I'm sorry, just to be clear, you are able to sign in and use the windows 10 computer with the wrong email address at the computer's login when turning on the computer right?

But when you sign in with the with the wrong email address at the website https://account.live.com/ , it will not let you sign in with the same password ***** use to log in the computer, and it asks for a code right? When it asks for a code, does it give you any other option, besides the email address, such as the option phone number?

Do you have a phone number ending with the two digits 23? If yes, is it able to receive text messages?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's right the screen says XXXXX. it should be***@******.*** without the 'g' in the middle. When I signed up for windows 10 it all came through to the correct address without the 'g' Can I alter this easily? As I have stated earlier, if I try to alter my address to the correct one it won't let me as the response is that it is already in use...................by me!!!!!!! but it doesn't know this.

There are no options available. I am up the creek without a paddle.

I do not have a phone ending with those two digits.

How do I contact Microsoft by other means than my computer as it wont let me do this because everything is going to the wrong address?

I'm sorry; Microsoft will not help you, but I will continue to troubleshoot this issue for you, so don't worry. I will try to correct the email address for you.

When you say "my computer access to windows 10 is totally useless", do you mean you cannot install any program on the windows 10 computer? And/or is it something else?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have windows 10 but all access to it is blocked because the access verification code is being sent to the wrong email address so when it comes to 'set up account' it asks for the verification code which I do not have as it has not come through to my email address. It has an option to resend if I have not received the codes but of course I cant access these for the above reasons. Of course I could contact BT and request that I change my email address to nick 'g' hill but I really don't want to do this.

However it may prove to be the logical thing to do. What do you think?

Sorry, please ignore the verification issue for now. I'm not sure why you said all access to windows 10 is blocked as you are able to use the windows 10 computer right now?

So you turn on the windows 10 computer, then it asks you to sign in the computer, then you sign in successfully, then you can open and use the Internet and use any other program you want right? What are you trying to do on the computer it does not let you?

I'm sorry to ask many questions as I do not see your computer's screen to troubleshoot faster. Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Windows 10 does not prevent me from using my computer, but access to other devices such as Cortana, games, music purchases is controlled by accessing accounts which are verified by a code ie v7H1dTp I do not have access to these because of the incorrect email address that they are being sent to.

Hope you understand this.

Got it. Thank you for the information. Let's test this test: Click on Start -> Settings -> Accounts -> Family & other users -> Add someone else to this PC, then does it let you create a new local administrator account (not microsoft account yet)?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry Viet, losing the will to live on this one, went to get drink. Don't know where to click on 'Start' with 10. I have restart, sleep etc but I do not know my way around this. Can you tell me where to look, I am no computer expert.

Sorry to be a total pain.

That's okay. The Start icon is the windows logo icon located at the lower left corner of the computer's screen; when you click on that, do you see the word Settings? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Again Viet. Have added another user as you described.

Havent tried it yet because I would have to sign in again.

Hope this works

Regards ***** *****

Great. Wait. Now, let's try the following:

1. Go to the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

, then there, reset your Microsoft account password ***** your correct email address.

2. Click on Start -> Settings -> Accounts -> Family & other users -> Add someone else to this PC, then add a Microsoft account, and entering your correct email address, and select the Administrator option.

3. Switch user, or restart the computer.

4. At the computer's login screen, it should now a few accounts, then click on your correct account (that has your correct email address), then sign in and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.
Viet - Technician, Technician
Experience: Electronics Tech. Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.