Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

How do I open the whole scan unit on an epsom wf 3620 printer.

Customer Question

how do I open the whole scan unit on an epsom wf 3620 printer. I can open the top part but not the whole.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Can you explain a little more what you mean please? Are you trying to get to the ink cartridges?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I apologise for delay in answering, but had to leave my computer for quite a while. Although I can lift the whole screen unit when the printer is switched off, when switched on it is impossible to lift and I wondered whether this was the norm. I was concerned that when I needed to change a cartridge the cartridge unit could not be reached.. I have only just purchased the printer and I think I'm a bit nervous about damaging it.

Any ideas ?? Sonya Waring. I may have to leave my desk for a few

hours now, so there may be another delay in replying to you again.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
We may be in different time zones but don't worry the question does not expire or anything like that you can take all the time you need. This is normal and to change the ink you need to tell the machine you are changing it otherwise they do not move over to you. In order to do that go into the setup menu which looks like a screwdriver and pliers. Then go into maintenance and choose ink cartridge replacement. Here is a page with images of each step: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.