Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have just purchased a Samsung UE65JS9000 to replace my Samsung

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Samsung UE65JS9000 to replace my Samsung UE60D8000. I had the 60" Samsung connected to my Onkyo TX-NR636 receiver together with my Sky HD+ box. One press of the Sky button on the Sky remote would switch both receiver and TV on and this would happen instantaneously. Having connected the new Samsung, the same operation works but there are significant delays 15-20 seconds for this to happen. Is there a solution to 'fix' this? None of the settings have been changed on the AV receiver and the equivalent settings on the new Samsung match those on the old.
Thanks,
Tom
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome
There is no delay setting for this Tom, so it cannot be changed, but 15-20 seconds is quite long.
Can you unplug everything (the set top and the TV) from the power (so remove them from the power sockets) then wait 10 minutes.
connect everything back up and tell me if you still get the delay please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK - not at home at the moment but will try this evening and respond.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.