Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Since I bought a new PC running windows 8, I cannot seem to

Customer Question

Since I bought a new PC running windows 8, I cannot seem to be able to upload photos from my Olympus SP-510UZ. Please help.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Can you tell me please exactly what happens when you try to connect the Camera to the PC? Are you getting a specific error message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I only get the message on the camera to click PC and after having done that nothing happens.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Christina
When you connect the camera and do this, on the computer press the windows key + E
In the new window that opens, click on Computer and under that you see the drives.
Tell me what drives are listed there please
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have windows C, recovery image D, DVD RW Drive E, Expansion drive F and local disc Q.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, anything that says removable or has removable in it?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No there is nothing with removable there.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect it to a different USB port on the computer
Does anything then appear?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I now have removable disc G.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Great, thats the Camera Christina, so open it and you can then copy your photos from it like copying any files on your computer
Let me know if you have any difficulties please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks Richie for your help.

Christina.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Christina
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****ie,

The reason I am writing to you again is because I seem to have been charged twice, which I did not agree to, so could you please reply and I would be grateful if you could refund me £27. Many thanks.

Christina

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I do not see anything here for costs sorry Christina, as I am just an engineer.
Can you please email***@******.*** and they can then rectify this for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to bother you, Richie, they told me to contact you. I am going round in circles.

Christina

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
who is they? And what exactly did they say as I have never heard of them saying this before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried e-mailing justanswer.com last week but got no reply. Tried a different tactic today with just an automated response to contact the expert. I will try and e-mail support again and see what happens. Thanks for your reply.

Christina

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, if you still get this, let me know and Ill send something in Christina.

Never head of issues as they are generally very good, but let me know please