Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Finepix S5000, having trouble with being able to

Customer Question

I have a Finepix S5000, having trouble with being able to take any pictures. Have just bought new batteries and am able to view pictures on camera but as soon as I switch to take pic of anything, the power cuts out completely. Is there anything I can do, or has it come to the end of it's life? Ken XXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.Please try to Reset camera by going into Setup option in menu to restore default settings in camera, if problem still persist then I'm afraid it would be hardware related issue and main board of camera will need to be replaced which would cost good money if still available with Fuji Parts in area. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this camera repair or invest that amount on new camera. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid, I did everything you said in answer to my question, but it would seem that you were right about the hardware, so I can't afford to spend money on a camera that has obviously come to the end of it's usable life.

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Ken
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ken,I wish I had better news about camera, your decision is quite right and new camera would be better choice.Thanks and good luck!Shahid.